Role Summary :
Procurement Specialist shall be responsible for Buying of assigned parts for O&G business. In this role person will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Coordination and timely communication between all the stakeholders involved and suppliers is a very important characteristic of the role.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Timely placement of RFQ to suppliers
- Negotiation with suppliers on prices and delivery.
- Coordinating with Engineering, Project, Quality for technical alignment, budget, product quality.
- Placement of orders on time is the key.
- Effective and timely communication with internal customers and stakeholders
- Formulate and Implement sourcing strategies with commodity teams if required.
- Initiate Simplification and Digitization projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
Bachelors of Engineering or B.Tech degree from an accredited university or college with min 2-4 years experience in Sourcing/Operations profile.
Strong communication skills and ability to work with global stakeholders and suppliers.
- Strong Influencing skills and Leadership skills in driving through multiple stakeholders
- Capability to work in teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- PC and database proficiency.
- Proficiency in ORACLE
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.